Monday, November 12, 2012

A Year with G. K. Chesterton 365 Days of Wisdom, Wit, and Wonder By Kevin Belmonte Review

I was able to read a copy of A Year with G. K. Chesterton 365 Days of Wisdom, Wit, and Wonder By Kevin Belmonte through book sneeze and was sent a free copy of it.

I really love devotionals and have many so when I saw this one on book sneeze I thought I would give it a try even though I had never heard of G.K.Chesterton.

The following review is my opinion and you may think differently if you choose to read it. I was not able to really enjoy this book. I found it to be a poor quality devotional in that I could just not grasp the way G.K.Chesterton writes. Granted his style of writing is from a time when most people wrote like him but I just found no wit or much wisdom in it. I barely could tell it was a devotional.

Each day has a bible quote and than a chosen writing from this mans works. It just did not grab me at all and I really thought the list of things the author did on a particular day uninteresting.

I read devotionals in the morning with my bible study and I try and apply the lesson of the day to my life but I really could not find anything in these devotionals that would help me spiritually at all. I think this would be a nice book for someone who is interested in the life of G.K.Chesterton and his antiquated writing style but its just not for me and it was all I could do to get through it for this review.

I really hate to give a bad review and I am sure someone would like this book but if you are looking for read devotional inspiration I'm not sure you will find it in this book. On the other hand if you like this kind of old fashioned writing and equally old fashion wit maybe you will like it. I just did not get anything out of it but a urgent need to take a nap. thanks for looking at my review

No comments:

Post a Comment