Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Faith and other Flat Tires by Andrea Palpant Dilley's

I was recently able to read the book Faith and other Flat Tires by Andrea Palpant Dilley's and received a free copy for my review.

Faith and other Flat Tires, is very personal Memoir regarding the crisis of faith Andrea experienced when she was younger. This is a really moving Memoir of how sometimes growing up surrounded by believers can be challenging.

I also experienced something very similar when I was younger, my family was Catholic and I became very disillusioned with the church and the people professing to love God all around me but showing very little of that in how they behaved with each other. Unlike Andrea who's parents were very devout christian missionaries, My family just screamed at each other daily. This caused me to run from all things about God and Christ but Like Andrea I also found my way back to his loving arms in adulthood.

Personally I think this book would be a helpful read not only for people who are having a crisis of faith but for those who have had loved one run from there faith and why that may be the case. This book will give you an incite into those of us who's faith went flat for one reason or another and how the Lord never leaves us alone in this but pursues us until we are back where we belong loving him and trusting him.

If you know anyone who has had a loved one stop believing in God maybe because of hardship or because of judgmental christian relatives, you may want to get them a copy of this book so they know they are totally not alone in this, and that its never to late to come back to a forgiving and Loving God.

1 comment:

  1. I have just recently read one blog about her too. Her life is really inspiring. I have learned that no matter where life takes you it would still lead you to your real faith.

    ReplyDelete