Monday, April 1, 2013

One Glorious Ambition by Jane Kirkpatrick book review

I was able to read One Glorious Ambition by Jane Kirkpatrick through Blogging for books. I cant tell you how much I enjoyed this story which is the story Of Dorothea Dix who through out the 1800s fought for the rights of the mentally ill. In her time, she saw such suffering of the mentally ill who were often kept in prisons and in horrible conditions she wanted to change that.

Dorothea Dix, started out in life with parents who were, what we would call abusive now. Her Mother had mental illness and though she started out as a teacher she soon took up the cause to provide stable mental homes for mentally ill people.

I really loved her story and the way that Jane Kirkpatrick told it is great detail. You will really get an insight of just how difficult life was like for the poor and just how difficult it was to make real changes in that time. You will get to understand the depths that Dorothea Dix went to to help those she feels are being persecuted for something beyond there control. This was a time when people who were deemed mentally ill were treated like dogs or worse. If you want to lean the history of this fight agents this huge problem as it was in the 1800s I hope you read this book.

I love History and I loved this story I sure hope you read it because Dorothea Dix should never be forgotten in all she sacrificed to help those in need.

This is an excellent story that every Christian should read. Thanks for looking at my review :)

No comments:

Post a Comment