Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Winnowing Season By by Cindy Woodsmall book review

I was selected to read The Winnowing Season Amish Vines and orchards book 2 by Cindy Woodsmall through blogging for books. I have to tell you that I was on the edge of my seat reading this one, this is completely different than most of the Amish books I have read. I really loved all the different things going on in this book and the solid Christian foundation it has, even with all of the conflicts and intrigue.

This is book 2 , I never got to read book 1 so I was just a little lost at first but quickly knew what I needed to know about the first book through this second one. I do not like to give away a story line in my reviews so Im going to be deliberately vague.

The main character is Rhoda Byler, she has what some would call a gift and others in her community would not. she is often look upon with suspicion and fear. When she and her friends and community members buy a apple orchard far away from there community they all hope to start a new on fresh, for Rhoda this is a dream come true.

Rhoda is in love with Jacob King, and hopes this fresh start for all of them will be a good thing, but Jacob has some secrets from his past that could threaten his relationship with Rhoda. His bother Samuel is also hiding a secret love for Rhoda, that he dare not show so he hides it with antagonism toward her, which she just does not understand. As if all this conflict were not enough you also have Leah who is thinking about leaving the new community to live English.

There is so much always going on in this awesome story that you will not be able to put it down! I really enjoyed it and hope to read the first installment soon. I have read many Cindy Woodsmall's books before and this one ranks up at the top of my list of favorites. Thanks for reading my review :)

No comments:

Post a Comment