Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book Review The Shepherd Trilogy by Philip Keller

Shepherd Trilogy, TheShepherd Trilogy, The by W. Phillip Keller

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have been reading the first book by Phillip Keller A Shepherd's look at the 23rd psalm since I was in my 30s I had one copy of this and read it so often that it simply fell apart.

I can not stress the importance of this book as a genuine spiritual guideline for the Christians walk with Christ. I was so upset I could no longer read my old copy that I searched on amazon for another one so I could continue to read this over and over and was so happy to see that it now comes in this trilogy.

You not only get A shepherd's look at the 23rd psalm but you also get a shepherd looks at the good shepherd and a shepherd looks at the lamb of God . Each book is around 140 pages and I cant tell you how much this book has helped me learn about how precious we are in the eyes of Christ. I is indispensable to me and its part of my daily devotional reading.

Phillip Keller is a real Shepherd and has been for most of his life, he is able to give us a unique perspective on whats it really means to care for sheep and how their behaviour so often mirrors our own. We may often wonder why Christ referred to us as his sheep, I can tell you after reading these book you will totally understand why. This book has such important information for both new and old Christian's alike I really believe it should be thought of as a staple in christian teaching.

I have recommended this book to everyone I know and will continue to read and learn from it. This is the kind of book you just cant read once,each time you read it you will take away something new and uplifting. As I said I have read the first book many time and now that I have the full trilogy I'm so happy I can continue to learn from Phillip Keller with his unique experiences and unshakable faith In Christ Our good Shepherd



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment