How to Keep Your Skin Gorgeous
Beautiful skin is the result of practicing good skin care habits. The following tips will help to ensure healthy glowing skin that remains youthful at every age:
- Drink Lots of Water – Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day helps to rid the body of toxins. Water keeps our bodies hydrated and helps to maintain our skin's natural glow.
- Get Enough Rest – Sleep has been called "the most natural beauty treatment." If you are not getting the recommended eight to nine hours a night, sleep deprivation could be a direct correlation to the dark circles and prominent lines you're trying to cover with makeup the next morning. Not getting enough sleep can also cause wrinkles.
- Clean Your Face Morning and Night – Speaking of makeup, it's important to wash your face regularly, first when you wake up in the morning and again before you go to sleep. It can be tricky finding the right face wash for your skin type, but once you do, try to stick with it rather than constantly changing which facial cleanser you use. If you're switching between brands meant for oily skin and brands meant for dry skin, it will be hard for your body to adapt. Visit an esthetician or skin care specialist to help identify your skin's needs. Your skin care specialist may have sample face washes that you can try to see how they work on your skin type before investing in an entire bottle.
- Use Moisturizer – Moisturizing is crucial to maintaining healthy, happy, beautiful looking skin. For moisturizing your face, apply moisturizer after a shower, before applying makeup, or as needed. Same with your body. It's not hard to tell when your skin feels "thirsty". A sure sign you need to moisturize is dry itchy skin.
- Avoid Smoking – Along with all the other negative effects of smoking, being a smoker will age your skin - fast. Smoking deprives the skin of oxygen and other nutrients it needs to remain healthy, causing skin spots, uneven skin tones, and wrinkles. Smokers may even notice that after years of smoking, the skin on their fingers become stained. If you are a smoker, quitting with have tremendous positive effects on your health, including developing a healthier complexion as oxygen and nutrients in your blood will flow better.
- Avoid Heavy Sun Exposure – Excessive amounts of time in the sun can have severely damaging effects on your skin. Be sure to use SPF on your face as well as your body and avoid staying out in the sun too long.
Practice these good habits regularly to maintain the natural beauty of your skin. If you're interested in learning more about health and nutrition or skin care, consider going to an accredited online college.