Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book review A Sound Among the Trees By Susan Meissner

A Sound Among the Trees: A NovelA Sound Among the Trees: A Novel by Susan Meissner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Sound Among the Trees By Susan Meissner is a really different kind of Ghost story or paranormal story . as the story goes you have a new wife named Marielle who marries into a ready made family with high hopes she will be able to adjust to life in the south and to her new family.

Marielle is hearing all kinds of unusual things about the large house she now lives in with her new husband , his children and the children's great grandmother named Adelaide.

Little by little we lean that something happened in the house a long time ago and has caused what seems to be a haunting. I hate to give to much away about the book and there is a whole lot going on in it. I thought it to be a great read for anyone who would likes a nice cozy haunted house story. I expected the book to be more what I'm use to in Christian fiction having received my copy from blogging for books but it was more like a cozy mystery.
The cause of the seemingly haunted atmosphere of the house is presented in letters written by Susannah Page a woman once accused of being a spy in the civil war.

I usually pick out books from blogging for books that have a more Christian flavour this one did not have that and for the first 200 or so pages I realized it never would. Regardless I think its a really nice mystery/paranormal book that would be a great read for anyone who likes tame but interesting reads.
I liked it because their was not graphic sex, no swearing and no really horrific things just a nice story thats sure to please

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment